Head Chair Intro: Stephanie!

 Hello lovely people! 

My name is Stephanie Nguyen (she/her), and I will be your head chair for BMUN 72's UN Human Rights Committee! 

Some things about me: I am in my second year at Berkeley majoring in English and minoring in Education and Journalism. Throughout my time so far at Cal, I have developed many interests that I am still navigating and learning from. As a swim instructor for Berkeley Recreation and a volunteer at a local middle school in Oakland, I love working with kids and am interested in the way educators make meaning through engaging literacy practices. I'm also part of our university's newspaper, The Daily Cal, and I absolutely love it. As part of the Weekender department of the newspaper, I get to write creatively and share my personal essays and poems which has made me love writing again. I also just got into the Sports department and am incredibly excited to start attending more Cal games and being able to narrate them! If you read the welcome letter in the synopsis, you would know that I'm an avid Angels fan --- and in case you were wondering, yes, Ohtani's signing to the Dodgers still hurts. Nonetheless, baseball season is coming up, so it's a new year of me being delusional. Therefore, the Angels are so making the playoffs! 

Here are also some random fun facts about me! 
I live near the beach and have swam competitively my whole life, but I'm terrified of swimming in the ocean. Hot take, but country music is the best music ever. I could listen to Morgan Wallen, Parker McCollum, and Zach Bryan forever! Romcoms are my favorite genre so if you have any recs, please send them my way! 

On the MUN side, I've competed as a delegate in high school for three years, and this is my second year in BMUN! The experiences and skills I've gained as both a delegate and a chair have shaped my perspective as both a life-long learner and as simply a human being. The topics we engage with in this committee are real and prevalent and they are happening in front of our eyes. I truly hope that through your research and conversations with each other, you gain greater awareness of these issues and your involvement with them. Remember, be bold! Our world desperately needs your voices. 

Please reach out to us at any time at unhrcbmun72@bmun.org if you have any questions. I look forward to meeting you all soon! 

My best, 
Stephanie 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Topic A Update

Welcome to BMUN!!!

Procedure and Committee Flow